I only LOOK like I'm sleeping

Long accused of being narcaleptic, I'm secretly gathering all the information I need to take over the world!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Oh Dear.

I had something interesting to say. Really. But for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Damn black hole in my brain.

Okay, I'll just talk about something else I've been pondering. I made a decision a few weeks ago to try to publish some of the children's books I've written over the years. Every so often I become inspired and I start writing. Mostly they've remained unfinished, because I've never shared them with anyone else. But unlike many other things I've written when inspiration strikes, I still like these stories years later. As an aspiring mother, I'm constantly looking for ways I will be able to stay home with my children. Don't worry, I'm not under the delusion that writing children's stories will make me rich, I just need to replace my current income, which sadly, doesn't seem so daunting. And I figured, what do I have to lose?

I went out, looked through and bought several books, and a couple of writers magazines. I'm going to be practicing my writing, and through the web, sharing some things with you. Flexing my writing muscles and hopefully entertaining a few people along the way.

On to the thing I've been thinking...

When I made the decision to actually submit stories versus just writing them, I started to see opportunity everywhere. I subscribe to a work at home mom newsletter, yes I know I'm not a mom yet, but I will be someday. Anyway, every couple days for the last three weeks, they've sent out information on writing. Write blogs for money, You CAN publish!, write informational pamphlets and sell them, be a freelance copywriter, be a freelance copy editor, just do freelance writing! I also started getting information about taking classes for writers in my community. I decided I'm on to something.

Many times in my life I've felt stuck, needing to make a change and not knowing what it was. Eventually I would see where I was supposed to go, and when I did, I would discover a path materializing before me. All the pieces falling into place. If you are struggling in your job or relationship, it could be that you are moving against the universe instead of with it. Sometimes the best action is to have faith that you will be led where you are intended to be. The problem is often realizing what change needs to be made to make you ready to follow your path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home