I only LOOK like I'm sleeping

Long accused of being narcaleptic, I'm secretly gathering all the information I need to take over the world!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Haters

I'm a San Diego Chargers fan.

A season ticket holding, want to name my first born after the star player, Chargers fan.

We admittedly have our ups and downs. However, we've played some very good football lately. So good in fact that this Sunday, we go up against the one team that has gone undefeated this season. We are playing to go to the Superbowl. We are playing to win.

No one thinks the Chargers can win. Nobody except the fans. I believe anything is possible. I'm looking forward to the game for the POSSIBILITY of a win. It's exciting. It's fun. It's why I watch football.

I don't understand why people insist on trying to bring me down by telling me all the reasons the Chargers CAN'T win this weekend. I know the odds are heavily in the other teams favor. I know we have injuries. I know there is the POSSIBILITY we will lose. But that is all it is. A POSSIBILITY. As a fan I have HOPE. CAN'T isn't a word I allow in my vocabulary. It's a word I won't use for my team either.

You can have whatever opinion you want. But why would you stop a stranger on the street (or gym) to tell them there isn't any way their team can win?

Try saying something nice, or neutral. You might find that it feels good to get a smile out of someone instead of a heavily furrowed death stare. Don't expect me to respond when you goad me. Life is too short. I will ignore you.

And I will BELIEVE. GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home