I only LOOK like I'm sleeping

Long accused of being narcaleptic, I'm secretly gathering all the information I need to take over the world!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Waxing and Whining

I'm going to Hawaii! In only seventy-two short hours I'll in Maui! Yay me!

In preparation for my trip, I decided I am mature enough to get a bikini wax. Except I'm cheap, okay thrifty, so I figured I can do it myself. I got a little kit at the drugstore, with pre-waxed strips you simply lay on and pull off. Sounded simple enough. The kit I purchased also came with a camphor "comfort cooling" spray to apply before you wax. My thought, "Cool! numbing spray! I won't feel a thing!". Ha!

My mother has been doing the self wax for years and that's probably part of the reason I figured I could do it myself. I know she's had some bad experiences (I seem to remember some sort of underarm debacle), but mostly she's fine. I started with my legs. Let me just say, for those of you who haven't placed sticky goo onto their hair with the intention of ripping it out by the root, it hurts!!!!! I was giggling uncontrollably because that's what I do when I'm 1.) nervous, 2.) scared, 3.) in pain. The hair sticking to the wax strip was cool, so I was distracted from the pain for a moment. Until I realized the strip didn't even come close to pulling out all the hair in the area. I worked around my leg and finally realized I should move up in case I didn't have enough wax to clean up the bikini line. Needless to say, my legs are smooth. In patches. I won't go into the gory details of the bikini area, but I will say I consider the bikini wax a success. The leg leaves something to be desired.

Moving on...

Husband woke up with a scratch on his face Saturday morning. He thinks I did it. I'm not saying I did, and I'm not saying I didn't. I would like to state for the record, I've woken in the middle of the night several times with him delicately removing my velvet stuffed frog from my arms. That's like taking candy from a kid. If I did scratch him, he certainly deserved it.

This morning I woke up feeling like someone tried to twist my head off my body. I wonder if he's trying to get even.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home